Important – for the attention of all parents/carers
- For the first 6 days after school closes (Saturday 19th December 2020 to 24th December 2020) if your child tests positive for coronavirus (COVID-19), please inform the school by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org so that the school can notify any school close contacts of the positive case to self-isolate if needed.
- After the 24th December 2020 – If your child tests positive for coronavirus (COVID-19) – parents and carers should follow contact tracing instructions sent to you by NHS Test and Trace.
- On Monday 4th January 2021 - parents and carers should inform the school by emailing email@example.com or phoning the school between 9am and 3pm to inform us if your child has tested positive over the Christmas period and/or will not be returning on Tuesday 5th January 2020 due to self-isolating or if their child is unwell for any other reason and is unable to attend school.
- Parents and carers of any students who are due to return to school on 5th January having had a positive test and completed their self-isolation will be contacted by school on Monday 4th January to check they are symptom free.
Information and Advice for Parents/Carers/School community
The main symptoms of coronavirus are:
- a high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
- a new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
- a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste – this means you've noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal
Important! Do not send your child to school if:
- your child has any coronavirus (COVID-19) symptoms
- anyone in your household has any coronavirus (COVID-19) symptoms
- DO NOT send siblings into school until the full isolation period has been completed.
Everyone in your household should self-isolate following the guidance https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/self-isolation-and-treatment/when-to-self-isolate-and-what-to-do/
Arrange a test - if you or your child develops symptoms and inform the school of the results as soon as possible.
If the test is positive, follow guidance for households with possible or confirmed coronavirus (COVID-19) infection, and engage with the NHS Test and Trace process.
Hillcrest School Covid-19 Risk Assessment
The school has implemented a number of protective measures to help ensure the safety of both students and staff.
The current risk assessment can be found below, please ensure that you read the risk assessment and if you have any queries please contact the school.