Click here for Information and Advice on Covid-19.
Important! Please do not send your child to school if
- your child has any COVID-19 symptoms
- anyone in your household has any coronavirus (COVID-19) symptoms
- DO NOT send siblings into school until the full isolation period has been completed.
Everyone in your household should self-isolate following the guidance https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/self-isolation-and-treatment/when-to-self-isolate-and-what-to-do/
Arrange a test - if you or your child develops symptoms and inform the school of the results as soon as possible.
If the test is positive, follow guidance for households with possible or confirmed coronavirus (COVID-19) infection, and engage with the NHS Test and Trace process.
The main symptoms of coronavirus are:
- a high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
- a new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
- a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste – this means you've noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal
Hillcrest School Covid-19 Risk Assessment
The school has implemented a number of protective measures to help ensure the safety of both students and staff.
The current risk assessment can be found below, please ensure that you read the risk assessment and if you have any queries please contact the school.
Information for Parents/Carers on the NHS Test and Trace: COVID-19 testing for Students
Up to one third of people who have coronavirus are asymptomatic. By testing we will help to reduce the spread in school and college settings through asymptomatic transmission. The school strongly encourage all students to take part in covid-19 lateral flow testing at home.
All students taking part in testing are provided with free LFD home testing kits and test twice weekly at home (3 to 5 days apart) All tests are free of charge.
The lateral flow tests are quick and easy to undertake, using a swab of the nose and throat. Results take around half an hour from testing.
The testing of students is voluntary, if you do not consent your child can still attend school but must ensure they self-isolate if they or any member of their household has any one of the covid-19 symptoms.
Asymptomatic testing information for parents and adults in households with children at school or college
Undertaking regular, rapid coronavirus (COVID-19) testing helps reduce transmission of the virus. Parents and other adults in households with children at school or college, who do not have symptoms, can now access regular, rapid coronavirus (COVID-19) testing. This includes childcare and support bubbles.
Tests are fast, easy and completely free. There are different ways for a household, childcare or support bubble to collect their test to take at home, twice-weekly:
· through your employer, if they offer testing to employees
· by collecting a home test kit from a local test site – anyone aged 18 or over can collect 2 packs of 7 tests
· by ordering a home test kit online – please do not order online if you can access testing through other routes, this frees up home delivery for those who need it most
What if my child tests positive?
If a pupil tests positive on a lateral flow device, they will need to self-isolate for 10 days and follow the guidance from NHS Test and Trace.
What happens if the test is negative?
While a small number of pupils may need to repeat the test if the first test was invalid or void for some reason, pupils who test negative will be able to attend school and resume their activities as normal.
What if staff or students have been in close contact with someone in school who tests positive?
The staff member or student will be notified that they are a close contact by the school and will need to self-isolate for 10 days in line with Government guidance.
What if my child develops symptoms?
This testing programme at school is for people with no symptoms. If your child develops symptoms at any time (including a high temperature; a new, continuous cough; or a loss or change to their sense of smell or taste) they must immediately self-isolate and book a test by calling 119 or visiting https://www.gov.uk/get-coronavirus-test.
If you have any safeguarding concerns about a child attending Hillcrest School please either email your concerns to email@example.com or call 0121 464 3172 during school hours to speak to a member of the safeguarding team.
Click here to view our distance learning support page for parents/carers and students.